Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Wip Wednesday

This morning we put our oldest son on the plane to fly back to Melbourne where he lives. His departure meant that Fixit Guy and I are all alone in the house, back to being Empty Nesters for the first time since  early November when Boyo came home from uni and started work for the summer. In that time we have had Kombi Boy and Gamer Girl home for a few weeks over Christmas and then in the last week The Beast and Fann Girl have both come home for our youngest (Boyo's) 21st birthday party which was Saturday night. Boyo and Fangirl left on Tuesday to drive back to Brisbane and as I said this morning The Beast flew out.

With all the visitors and party preparations sewing time has been in short supply but I have been able to get a bit done over the week.

I've been working on the design of the hexagonal quilt. Using a graph I'd printed out I've begun to work out a design  using the colours of the hexagons that I've made. I'm making good progress with it.


The other project that I have been working on is the Hashtag quilt. The blocks were the result of a block swap amongst the Twiltters, an online group of quilting friends, brought together by the the quilting podcasters. I got the top together pretty quickly, once I got the time yesterday to sew. 


Since then I have been working on the backing for it. I am piecing it and its taking longer than the front!

 



Today at my first visit to Patchwork group I made progress on a new project. I'm making a Diamond Dash quilt for a present so can't give too many detais. The pattern is from Missouri Star Quilt company. Tooday I started to sew the squares on the corner of the blocks. I gotall the blocks done that i have cutt but still hve to cut a heap more. Its good to mak a starrt on in.

Im having to do this blog post on my iPad since   my laptop is getting serviced. It doesn't have the features of the full product so I'm sorry its not as polisheed as my ususal efforts

Hope you are maig progress with your WIPS






No comments:

Post a Comment