One of the first things that I did was to move in my sewing stuff and work out where I will put my things. This trip I have lots of space available for me but once we have all our gear available to us I might not have so much space at my disposal.
I have managed to get a few sewing days in this week and made good progress on a few different projects.
I have made a few necessities for the van: a plastic bag holder (2 actually one for me and one for The Beast) and 2 hanging towels (and 2 for the Beast). It was great to get some finishes under the belt, even though they were small.
Onya Bike: I finished making the piano key border and got it attached to the quilt. The top is now done. Next I have to do the back
Handmade With Love projects: I got 2 casserole covers made using African fabric. They are not quite finished needing the HML label sewn on and also the dowels cut to size and inserted but that will come.
Oriental Scraps: I've recently made 2 T intersection quilts which has resulted in a pile of little half square triangle scraps. I trimmed these up to be 2" square. I pieced the white hst together to make 34 pinwheel blocks
which I then made into 2 pieces - one 3 pinwheels x 6 pinwheels and the other into 4 pinwheels by 4 pinwheels.
These I made into two zipper pouches. I was totally winging it and as a result I forgot to include tabs or handles. They aren't quite as smartly finished as some others I had made. They turned out really sweetly though. They will be gifts for a patchwork retreat I am going on in June.
Whilst I was working with the oriental scraps... I sewed all the remaining strips together to make some fabric for more bags. I have several pieces - one about 20" wide, one 9" wide, one strip 6" and one 4". I hope to make some ear bud pouches and coin purses.
Nine Patch blocks The retreat I am going to in June has an oriental theme to it. We are having a nine patch swap featuring oriental fabric. I got mine made this week too