Wednesday, May 18, 2016

WIP Wednesday

Last Wednesday I bought some wool. It wasn’t fancy stuff – just a ball of variegated purple acrylic that I found in a supermarket. I got it and some crotchet hooks to give me something to work on in the car since I had finished all my handwork and wanted something to do. I also have 4 days of meetings coming up and wanted something to keep me occupied then as well.

On our car journey a few days later I started to make an infinity scarf. I had googled a free pattern and started away happily after a while I stopped following the pattern as I realised that the wool was too thick to show it properly and besides I knew I wasn’t going to have enough wool to complete the pattern.. I used up the ball of wool and was only 1/3 the way through with little hope of getting any more of the wool. I found a few more infinity scarves that I am looking at 

Aren't these gorgeous

Closeup1





Crazy Shell Infinity Scarf | free pattern || the batter's box.

On Saturday, whilst being lead astray by the Navman (GPS device) I bought myself 4 more balls of wool – thinner than the previous ball which will be enough to make a couple of scarves. I pulled out the stitching I had done.

Sewing wise I have been working on the back for my Onya Bike quilt. I am piecing scraps together in various strips – 10” wide, 6.5” and 5”. I’ve made some nine patches and fussy cut some bicycle fabric I got from Spoonflower. I have 3 metres of a mottled blue fabric to use on the back but even with that and the other scraps I have, I won’t have enough to complete the back so think I will leave it shortly to finish at home.


Having put the piano key border and a 3” orange border on My Cat Likes to Hide in Boxes (MCLTHIB) I am still debating with myself whether to declare it finished (at 72” square) or to add another 5” pinwheel or perhaps a 4 patch border. My problem is that I have changed the destination of the quilt and trying to work out what sized quilt would be most useful to the new recipient.

WIPs on Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment