Thursday, July 6, 2017

WIP Wednesday

Wow I am actually getting a WIP Wednesday post written and its only 7 mins past Weds. That is a record for me for a few months.

This week I have been working on some of the Comicon sewing I am doing for the stall I am hoping to have at the Brisbane Comic Con in September - I will only hear if I get in at the end of this month. Here's hoping (We have to apply for a stall and wait to get selected) I am planning on sharing the stall with my son's partner that I have been calling Gamer Girl on this blog. She is now using the name Earthyyu Drawstuff ... so I am going to swatch over to that. You can see some of her stuff on her Facebook page here.

This last week I have been making some Easy Cosmetic Bags (from Sew So Easy) - by some I mean I made 25 this week in a variety of Pop Culture fabrics. I now have a zipper bag in every one of the pop culture fabrics that I have. I have also been working on some Teeny Tiny Zipper bags, using up some of the scraps of the pop culture fabrics. They are a variety of sizes as I was just working with the size of the scraps. I realised that I was out of the lobster clips I usually put on the zipper bags. I have ordered some split rings and will use them instead. It is a bit frustrating as I am sure I have some somewhere here at home but can't locate them. Now that I have sewn the bags I won't be able to use them on these as they are sewn but the split rings will be good. 

I have completed putting all the photos from my mums negatives on facebook. My mum loved taking photos, mostly of her kids (she had 8 so lots of practice). In the 1950s women were kept in hospital for 10 days and it was the only time my mum got to sit and stitch. She worked on a supper cloth over several babies. Just recently my sister who was in possession of this cloth passed it on to me. I was delighted to find that my mum used it in this photo of one of my siblings (I suspect its my brother Frank who was born in 1952 but not sure.)  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment