Monday, October 9, 2017

Texture Manhole Covers.

When my children were little, we had a film camera. When we got a film developed my husband would look through them and then would comment if I had taken any that DIDN'T include one of the kids



These days I am far more interested in scenery than  I was when the kids were little. Back then if there was a view to be seen I would stick a kid in front of it. 
The famous Australia Sign at Expo 88 was interesting in itself but much more interesting with Fixit Guy and our oldest 2 kids in front of it.

But these days my kids don't travel with me and like I said... I am more interested in those scenes around me.

Its not just scenery I like but textures. A friend looking at some of my photos on Facebook of our recent trip asked me why I was taking photos of pavements, man hole covers and bricks. And my answer was.... texture. I love the textures. I was originally going to put all the pictures into one post but instead I will spread them out over several days. 

On a guided tour I took once the guide pointed out that Manhole covers are fascinating works of art in themselves with much social history behind them

The Czech Republic seemed to have the most interesting manhole covers.





 Germany



 Norway had an interesting one as well





Over the years I have had a variety of cameras both film and digital but at the moment I only have my iPhone so that is what I took overseas with us and I was more than happy with the results. I know some people love their big cameras with long lenses and they get some amazing photos but the conveinience of it fitting in my pocket or handbag does it for me.

1 comment:

  1. Love the manhole covers. In my younger days I would bring do rubbings of interesting ones. I have had several cameras in my lifetime but not much of a photographer. My Iphone suits me just fine. I have taken lots of photos of tile floors and rugs because of their patterns and design ideas. Looking forward to more photos from your journey.

    ReplyDelete