Finally this week I got down to some quilting. Yay. I got the borders put onto Judy's Bluebird Quilt. I had made piano key border before I went to Melbourne but hadn't had time to put them on. I had thought about paper piecing the corners to make the keys go around the corner but ultimately decided to make some pinwheels.
|Pippin cat was very helpful whilst I was sewing... sitting on my ironing board|
With the borders on and the backing made I was able to get the quilt pinned out on Wednesday
By working very hard I was able to get the quilting completed Thursday morning and the binding made and attached to the front side. My sister Joy arrived Wednesday afternoon and she is going to the hand stitching on the binding. The quilt is for her daughter Judy.
I do have to make a label for it too. Oops forgot about that bit.
Apart from the quilt I have been working on I have also been making some more beanies on my knitting nancies. (assisted by my grandcat Skimbles)
Hopefully by tomorrow I will have downloaded my other photos and can show you some of the beautiful scenery of this fabulous part of my country and state