My Three were
1 Make a quilt for my great nephew Lukas. He was born in August and I was overseas and since I got back just haven't managed to get to it.
2. Sort my stash to get out all my little bits out of the stash and into my scrap bins cut into the sizes that I use
3.Sort through my 2nd hand fabrics or repurposed fabrics and get them into usable piles.
I am very pleased to be able to announce that I have fulfilled all three of my resolutions.
Actually when I did my first quarter update in late March here I had already completed the first two resolutions and I had started on the 3rd ie getting my repurposed fabrics sorted. I completed that not all that long after I wrote the post.
Having completed the three of them I am thinking I should come up with a few more. I did try writing goals for the next month a couple of times. I should do that again. Since its the end of June on Monday its a good time to do it. I
My May goals were
1. Finish Not So Sombre Stars for Derek
2. Tidy my sewing room (photo of the current mess will be posted here soon)
3 Make the Curtains for the Spare Room
4 Empty Scrap basket again
5 Order Tea Room Pattern (my Mothers' Day gift to myself perhaps)
6 Do at least one of my Craftsy Classes
So now its the end of June how did I go?
1. I finished Not So Sombre Stars for Derek. Waiting for the signature squares from other people held me up a bit but eventually I got them in and got the quilt put together and quilted. I gave it to him last Sunday in church. I wish I had taken a photo of him with it. ... might have to go visit him to get that.
2. I tidied my sewing room at least once but it has deteriorated somewhat and needs it all again.
3. I made the curtains for the spare room. Got these finished early May and I am very grateful for them now as Fixit Guy and I are currently sleeping in there whilst our en suite is being remodelled. Means the builders can get in there a bit earlier and can leave their stuff in there etc
4 I emptied my scrap basket again but it is full again. I will have to have a day cutting them up and putting them away
5. I have just ordered this pattern. It will be good to have a hand project now that my Fixit Guy is about to retire and we might be doing a fair bit of travelling in the near future. I will be taking my little Platinum Gem with me but can't actually use that whilst we are driving along. Not sure how long it will take to get to me as it is coming from the UK (From Puddleducks, the shop I bought the original pattern from and then lost. More information on this blog post
6 Craftsy classes. I haven't completed any although I have watched most of 2 of them. I haven't done the projects. The two I have watched most of are Wendy Butler Bern' Machine Quilting and Caro Sheridan's "Shoot It" I have found myself applying some of the stuff I heard to my quilting and my photography but I do want to do them properly. Sandy sets a high standard as to what she has to achieve before she declares a class done and I want to emulate her... I just don't seem to reach there.
So... for the next month (or 2) what do I want to achieve? What will my goals be.
1. Finish the top for my Disappearing into the Blue quilt and make the backing. I am going to piece it from leftover fabric I got for the top. Then send it out to get quilted. Its going to be 90"x100" and too big for me to enjoy working on. I'll probably send it to my friend Kym at Professional Quilting Service
2. Trim up the half square triangles and start assembling my Black and White (with a touch of red) trip around the world quilt. (waiting for my special ruler to arrive)
3. Make Gamer Girl's Christmas Stocking (She's my son's partner and she doesn't have her own Christmas stocking at our place. We currently use one of the "spares" for her but she definitely needs her own special one) I want to have it done well and truly before Christmas!!
4. Finish Teddies and Pinwheels quilt (top and back made. Needs pinning and quilting)
5. Finish Twist and Disappear (Disappearing 9 patch with a twist quilt) Needs pinning and quilting.
6. Finish the two Craftsy Classes I have almost finished. Do some of the projects/exercises mentioned in them!!
7. Start Teashop wall hanging when it arrives.
8. Make seasonal wall hanging from the stitcheries my mum made for me
I had better stop there before I get way too adventurous and over commit myself