I did acquire some fabric at the Retreat. My friend Vicki and I won a quiz on the meanings of various quilting short forms (RR, UFO etc). We won 5 fat quarters that we cut in half so we both got some of each of the blocks. My gift in the mystery gift swap came wrapped in a fat quarter. And then there was the chunk of material I ended up with in the Silent Auction. (I put bids on lots of items just to get things moving. There were some pretty random or should I say ecclectic mixes of things in each lot.) I don't know how much was in the bundle and I won't be counting it as I am going to give it to Handmade with Love as it will make great shirts for boys.
Fabric Tracking Week 24
Fabric Used 0.00m
Fabric added 0.90m
Weekly net -0.90m
Year to date
YTD Net 3.03m
Since we are almost half way through June, its time for a review of my monthly goals. They have grown from 10 to 12 since I wrote them at the beginning of the month
- Catch up on the Summer Reading QAL that is being run by Pam and Lyn from The Stitch TV Show. Done. (I have done all the blocks.... got a bit keen this weekend)
- Make Hanging Towels for HML - DONE
- Make Birds in the Air block for Twilters Swap - DONE and posted
That is the good news.
As for the remaining 9 goals. I've made progress on 3
- Assemble the Amy Gibson BOM quilt - I have completed the last 2 blocks for it. Still need to square up the blocks. I have all the sashing cut for it.
- Make 3 baby quilts (This is a late addition. I forgot to put it on at the beginning of the month) - I have the blocks made. Now to assemble them
- Make Pencil Pencil Cases for HML. I have completed 2 and have 6 more started. (this is another late addition to my goals.)
The last 6 haven't been touched
- Make backing for Hexie quilt
- Pin and Quilt Onya Bike - hope to pin this at Patchwork group this week.
- Complete 3 more casserole covers
- Quilt Hashtag quilt
- Backing for My Cat Likes to Hide in Boxes. This came to PnP with me and the box did come out from under the table but only so I could raid the fabric in it to use in the Summer Reading QAL wall hanging.
- Quilt Diamond Dash 2 quilt
So my ambitious goals for this month aren't looking too good. "Onya Bike" is my priority. I want to get it pinned and quilted this month and the other quilting projects will have to wait.
Sorry there are no pictures but its got way too late and I need to go to bed. I might come back and add them tomorrow but then again......