Wednesday, October 12, 2016

WIP Wednesday

I'm still caravanning happily in Northern Queensland. We've been away 2 weeks now and I am losing track of the days.

This last week we have had some days without power and my handwork project has been crocheting. I am making water bottle carriers to be given to guests at the next Kairos outside walk, an activity of the Emmaus movement. I've made 4. Some were a bit weirdly shaped till I got the pattern straight but now I seem to have it sorted. I have to make 12-20 of them so it will keep me busy for a while.

My days with power have been busy!! We moved up here to Wonga Beach on Saturday. Since then I have made the fronts of 4 Christmas stockings. I haven't finished them yet as 2 of them have to have embroidered names added to them and the embroidery is being done by a friend back home so I'll finish them up when I get home. 2 of them I can finish up shortly I hope. 



The other project I have been working on is the strippy quilt based on one of Bonnie Hunter's quilt patterns, String X Quilt Over the last couple of days I have made 60 of the centres of the blocks for this quilt. Between the stockings and the strippy blocks I have actually made a dint in the container of strips that I bought with me!


As of tomorrow we will be moving to an unpowered site up on the Atherton Tablelands for a few days so there won't be any machine sewing for a few days. I plan to sort through the projects that I have with me over that time and get them sorted out properly. I will also trim up the strippy blocks and of course I will work on the crocheting.

Our site seeing has been going beautifully. We have enjoyed lots of walks - through the rainforest and by the moutain streams, visiting waterfalls and over the last 5 days that we have been by the sea we have had at least one long walk along the beaches.

 







WIPs on Wednesday


No comments:

Post a Comment