Thursday, September 8, 2016

Thursday Thoughts - I get a mention in a book

Yesterday's mail was very exciting for me yesterday - just about the most exciting post ever - certainly for a while.

Firstly there was the news of the arrival of that beautiful little baby that I get to claim as my first grandchild (the daughter of our Japanese host son from 2004 which I shared yesterday here)

There was also a parcel containing a book from the USA - Sew Illustrated by Minki Kim and Kristin Esser published by Stash Books.

Some time ago Kristin (from They Grow Up too Fast blog) contacted me and asked me if I would be prepared to pattern test for this new book. I was tickled to be asked and said yes of course. I chose to make the House Zipper Pouch (found on page 89 in the book) and was able to provide them with feedback on the process. Its the first time I've ever done that. The hardest part was keeping quiet about it for so long. Now I can crow about it. I was planning on buying the book (after entering the give away that Frances was running on her blog The Off Kilter Quilter but then Kristin got back in contact to say they would like to send me a copy of the book as a thank you. Wow. 

And now here it is.


My new book


Signed by both authors


and a mention in the acknowledgements

 Its a darling book and I am hoping to make more of the designs from the book. I want to make another zipper pouch cause I think it is so cute.



My efforts from a year or 2 ago. I've used it a bit so its not quite as perky and well shaped as it was... and I don't think I used the proper stiffening. Still.. I love it

There has been a blog hop going on for it, which I hadn't realised so haven't visited all the blogs but if you are quick you might be able to visit and comment and be in the running for a copy of the book. Kristen has the links to them all on her blog 

If you aren't lucky enough to win a book (or be given one by the amazing authors he he ) then you can purchase it here on Amazon






1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your kind words! I appreciated your help in making it a better book!

    ReplyDelete