Thursday, January 1, 2015

Setting some yearly goals

At the beginning of 2014 I set some goals and I got the all done fairly quickly so I started setting monthly goals. I found this to be really helpful as they were more achievable and measurable. I have just realised that I didn't review my November goals nor set any for December. So before I start to look at what I would like to achieve in 2015 I had been review November.
\November goals
1)      Finish Jean’s Jean quilt

Done. Jean's Jeans quilt was finished early on in the month and put to use whilst we were travelling. We had some cold weather whilst we were travelling and we were glad of the extra bedding.

2)      Continue working on the teashop applique. If I get the blocks all done start to put it together if circumstances allow.

I got all the blocks that I had prepped completed but I didn't work on putting them together.

3)      Make piano keys border for Vanishing hours quilt

I completed strips of piano key borders. I haven't put them on the quilt, and not 100% sure I have made enough but I used up all the fabric I had with me and think that there is enough.

4)      Make October and November BOMs from local quilt group

I made these blocks. Found out after I had made them both blue that only the first one was supposed to be blue. The other was supposed to be pink. I didn't have any pink with me anyway so that was a mute point. 

   2015 goals
I am still working on this... .this is the list of what I am thinking of working on

1) continue to track my fabric use and purchases with an aim to having a bigger net usage this year than last 

2) purchase fabric for usage not for stashing ie having a purpose for fabric bought 

3) make mini quilts for Anzac Day, Australia Day, Easter, Mother's Day, Birthday

4) complete quilts for donation as required - aim for 25%

5)list Craftsy classes and work on watching them. Do BOM one from 2012 was it?

) continue to blog regularly WIP Wednesday, Fitness Friday, Sunday Stash Report on weekly basis and then others as I see fit



January Goals
1) tidy sewing cupboards and room.
2) locate and list all UFOs order them and make plans for finishing them 
3) complete Vanishing Hours
4) complete Tardis Christmas Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment