Wednesday, January 21, 2015

WIP Wednesday

This week I worked on paper piecing and completed the first 2 blocks in Fandom Stitches POD 30 week challenge. I also completed a paper pieced TARDIS from a pattern on their website. I have downloaded a heap of others which I may or may not get around to doing sometime soon.

I completed the 3 little zipper pouches using the MSQ tutorial and really enjoyed making them... so much so that I have ordered 20 pretty zips from eBay and keenly waiting their arrival in a couple of weeks. (ordered from Hong Kong so have to wait for them to be shipped here) After I had posted on this blog about running out of zippers a local friend, Lindy,  told me that she had a box of zips that she had been carrying around for 20 years or so and she was happy for me to help myself to a few. She bought them to Patchwork today and I gladly took 6. 1 which I used straight away and 5 to make into pouches.

Fangirl (my daughter) asked me to make a cushion out of a cross stitch that she made in 2005. I sashed it in 3 borders and then made the back and (get this) inserted a zip. I made it today at Patchwork using one of the zips Lindy gave me. I don't have a photo of the finished cushion. I wish I had fussy cut the 3rd border but by the time realised I should have done that the top was already together and I wasn't remaking it.




I am waiting on a bolt of batting to arrive in order to be able to complete some more projects. Ive made the backing for the Tardis Tree and also for the Orphan Block Quilt. I thought I would piece a backing for it but in the end I had a piece big enough and so used it. I have decided to call it Annie's Quilt... you know Little Orphan Annie.... also our dog who died early last year was called Annie so I like the name.

       

I have been working on Vanishing Hours. I got all the borders on and so now the top is finished. YAY





I've started on the backing, using up extra blocks that didn't make it onto the front - including one vanishing pinwheel that I made by mistake instead of the vanishing hourglass. Also some extra hourglass blocks and some left over piano key border. Its got a way to go but hopefully I will get it done by the end of the week so I can post it off to my friend Kym to get quilted.



 So its been a very busy and successful week. How have you gone this week.

WIP Wednesday  WIPs on Wednesdays 

3 comments:

  1. I love the tree made from so many little pieces! Lots of patience needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, lots of quilters eye candy! Your Annie quilt is delightful and love, love the tree top. I'm doing a disappearing hourglass in red, white and gray. I got a little discouraged when I realized with all the cutting 2 ten" squares end up being a 12" square., but its delightful too to see the intricate new star block. I love the fabrics you chose for your daughters cross stitch pillow. That outside border curves around and won't be as noticeable anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure have been busy! What lovely projects you have on the go! Love, love, love your Vanishing Hours quilt. It's simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete