Thursday, March 5, 2015

Thursday Thoughts - a lovely year of finishes.

At last I have remembered in time to link up to A Lovely Year of Finishes. To qualify you have to link to them in the first week of each month. I manage to remember into the 2nd week but not this time. I was awake enough to do it this time. Well to try



To qualify you have to select a project to finish that month - one and only one. I could have just linked to my monthly goals but since that details a number of projects that I want to complete this month I figured I had better write a new post.

This month I want to get Tea Shop Quilt finished. I started this quilt back in .. well 2013 I think it was. That is when I bought the pattern and started collecting the fabrics. Then... I lost the pattern. It was by Gail Penberry design. 
 It was so frustrating. I found it on line and was able to order it, eventually from the UK (along with several others at the same time as I recall) Then of course - just after it arrived I found the original pattern I had bought. Grrr so frustrating. 

Never mind.

I traced off the applique blocks and got them all prepped to take with us on our trip at the end of last year. We travelled for 9 weeks, camping in lots of interesting places in our camper trailer. We travelled down the East Coast of Australia from Maroochydore on the Sunshine Coast around to Adelaide and then inland to the Flinders Ranges and then home to Central Queensland via the inland route. We did venture off the coast a number of times en route to Adelaide but its simpler to say it that way! I completed all the appliques whilst we travelled and even made myself a few more. I worked out a design for my blocks although to be honest when I put it together I changed it all completely.
   


I got the top completed last month and have made the backing for it and cut the batting as well. Now I have to pin baste it, quilt it and bind it. I want to have it finished (with a hanging sleeve as well) to hang at an afternoon tea to raise funds for a school in Zambia called Our Rainbow House. 

Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment