Friday, August 28, 2015

Not so Flabby Friday

By sheer determination I have really improved my exercise stats for this week. For the last 7 days I have made it to 10 000 steps on all but one occassion. One night I had onlyn 3.500 steps. This had happened a few nights and I had jogged on the spot or around the house determinedly to get to that magic 10 000 but this one night I was so tired that I thought... no ... bed. Probably a good choice. Walking the dog is a much more satisfying way of getting those numbers up but sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

So this week
Friday 10 460
Saturday 10 038
Sunday 10 010
Monday 10 063
Tuesday 10 005
Wednesday 4 467
Thursday 11 525

I am really pleased with these numbers, considering that for months... since April I haven't been recording my steps consistently and I don't think I actually made it to 10 000 more than a couple of times in that time, if that. I had issues with my fitbit recording for a start. I usually wore it..and the lights would come on and show progress through the day but it wasn't going through to the phone.

I can't say that my eating habits have markedly improved. I have tried to not snack quite so much although I have to say that bar of white chocolate that a gentleman at the aged care home where Fixit Guy and I go each week to conduct the service for our church, well it didn't last long at all.

Anyway now the weather is warming up I might be able to start dragging my butt out of bed a little earlier and start walking the dog in the morning... sometimes that might mean he gets two walks but at least if we go in the morning when the day falls apart we get at least one walk in.

How have you gone fitness wise this week

I took this photo whilst walking by the river this week. Some fire bugs had lit up the river bank on the other side to where we were. The fires were bought under control quickly and away from houses so no damage done. This hollow tree burnt out completely in the end so probably not so good for the many animals who probably used it as shelter but it did make a rather spectacular sight as it burned

Embedded image permalink

No comments:

Post a Comment