Sunday, August 16, 2015

Sunday Stash Report - some additions

I have only one finish this week - a green carry bag that I blogged about earlier on in the week here. It was fully lined with pockets on the inside and out. I did a sort of crazy log pattern/crazy patch on one side and fussy cut some cute animal pictures and worked them into a nine patch on the other. The middle block was the pocket. I had all sorts of issues with the iron on interfacing but managed to get it done in the end. I used .88m of a metre



We spent the last couple of days in Rockhampton and I visited a quilt shop there I hadn't been to before - Needlework Cottage. I've heard of it, of course, but just never made it. I had extra time in Rocky these last few days so found it. I am collecting bike fabric for a special project and found 2 lovely prints there so I got .3m each. Originally I had ordered .25cm but the shop lady suggested .3cm as that was the repeat for both of them (and for most fabrics apparently... that or .6m)

I also found some lovely bright butterfly print that I plan to make a vest for a friend out of. He mentioned a few weeks ago that he would like a vest for Chrysalis (a Christian organisation that we both belong to. See here for more information) I got 1 m and hope that its enough. He's a pretty big bloke but I can always add more fabric) Actually I am thinking of sending him the fabric and he can get his mum or wife to do it since I don't have his measurements. That would get me out of it nicely :)

My final purchase was a lovely self patterned green fabric that I bought on the spur of the moment for borders on Going Green. I was going to leave it as was, (see my Wip Wednesday report for this past week)or else wait till I got home to see what fabric I had in my stash but when I saw this lovely fabric at a good price I bought it. I got 1.5m




Week 33

         Fabric Used                     0.88
         Fabric Added                   3.19

Year To Date
         Fabric Used                    113.85
         Fabric Added                    42.40
        


Net Used/Added                       71.46m   


Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times

4 comments:

  1. It is always fun to visit a new fabric shop. I'm visiting my parents soon and they have a new place not far from their home lined up for me one day. Love the bike fabric second from the top. Enjoy your sewing. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely fabrics! You've done a great job of stash busting this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool bag, and pretty fabrics. Your numbers for the year are looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your bike fabrics. Actually all your fabrics are pretty. Good stash numbers too.

    ReplyDelete