This week I have had one finish. I quilted and bound a baby quilt that incorporated some of my mum's embroidered teddy bear panels. This will be a baby quilt for a future great niece or nephew - my mum's great grandchild. There are none on the way at the moment (that I know of) so it will go into the cupboard for the moment. It was 130cm square and used 4 metres of fabric.
I did a simple stipple all over the quilt centre, apart from the embroideries.
On the borders I did a more open loopy design which sort of reminded me of strings of Christmas lights.
That was my only finish. I do have two tops ready to be pinned and quilted (although I have to organise their backs so maybe not that close after all) and another top that I have to put the border on. So in the near future I should be able to record a few more finishes which will be great.
Today at church I gave our friend his quilt - Not So Sombre Stars. He was rather stunned. I didn't present it to him or make a fuss, just gave it to him quietly after church. He was rather stunned but pleased. It seems rather strange to not have the quilt with me any more. I had worked on it so intensely for a few months.
No fabric acquisitions this week. After my last blow out I am going to be in recovery for a long time.
So my stats for this last week
Added this week 0 metres
Used this week 4 metres
Year to Date Used 83.37
Year to Date added 65.67
Net Used 17.70
Linking up with Stash Report @Patchwork Times