I had nutted out a design in my graph paper book so as to combine a range of sizes of blocks. I cut out back ground pieces as per the design but had never put the completed blocks up on the board. I had actually run out of prepared blocks on the trip and had moved on to working on some embroidery blocks not associated with the quilt.
In sorting out my cupboard of projects with a view to listing all my projects (on of my January goals) I found the blocks and yesterday decided to lay them out on the design board to see how it looked.
This was the initial layout, as I had designed it. I had to make some more blocks up - some to be appliqued, and some cut from the teacup and cake fabric as is. I put the photo on twitter and Facebook. A friend asked why I didn't put the tea shop central.
That had been my initial design plan and I can't remember why I changed my mind. So I had a go at an alternative layout. Its not sew together yet as I have several blocks that need to be finished off first so it may well change again.