Wednesday, February 25, 2015

WIP Wednesday Day

I seem to have been buzzing from one project to another this week. I made a banner for church. It was a pretty quick project. I got my inspiration during the service (although I had been mulling over the need for another banner since I had decorated the church on Thursday) I had it largely put together on Sunday, didn't get to work on it at all on Monday due to an unexpected trip to Yeppoon to take our camper trailer down to a friend who had lost power and water due to the cyclone that went through the area on Friday. Our trailer meant she had a fridge and cooking facilities and plenty of water.
I got back to it Tuesday afternoon and got it finished up that night including a label :)


I worked on the frog from Elephant Parade. He still needs eyes.




I finished the next block in the POD. I love how the time turner came out. I stuffed up a bit on this one and had some very careful unpicking and resewing. 

At patchwork today I worked on the blue quilt our group is putting together. These blocks were made back in October. As well as the 8.5" block we were supposed to make there were a heap of little pinwheels made from the scraps. It was pretty tricky trying to assemble it as the blocks came out in a few different sizes and some were too small to be included in the front. (someone had trimmed her blocks back to 8") I had worked out a design a couple of weeks ago and thought that today I would be able to sew it up... huh. Found that with the blocks that ended up too small we needed to make another 4 blocks (we were one short anyway) Lindy had fabric with her and she cut and I sewed and she pressed. We got the 4 new blocks made and I started to put it together. But it was fairly slow progress. I had to sew a heap of the little half square triangles that were left over from the blocks into pinwheels but that involved pressing and trimming and sewing and trimming... all rather painstaking. I didn't take any photos of what I was doing... oops.

I got the Tea Shop quilt put together having finished off the applique on a few of the blocks. I thought I was done. I started to cut the border fabric... and then I realised that I haven't completed the embroidery on the main centre block... and now its in the centre of the quilt and I am going to have to stitch the last bits of it in situ. Much more awkward that stitching the block on its own. Sigh. I think this quilt is never going to be ready to be finished off.  I also found the buttons I bought to decorate blocks with. They won't go on till the end though, after its quilted so that is okay.

I have to stitch over all the lines in the windows. After its been quilted I will add some button cakes and pies.

Linking up with WIP Wednesday,  at Freshly Pieced, WIPS on Wednesday and Lets Bee Social

4 comments:

  1. I love your frog... even without eyes! This quilt us on my "to do" list too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your POD block! I made that quilt a few years back and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly had a busy week! Love your Tea Room block. Those cakes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor frog without eyes. Hope he will be able to see very soon.

    ReplyDelete