Monday, April 28, 2014

Monday Meaderings

Not sure why I make all my blog posts about the day they are written and then have to have alliteration going. Never mind - perhaps I am just a bit weird like that

Have been away since last Thursday on a very busy weekend. My husband was lay director of the men's walk for Emmaus in our area this year. Its been lots of preparation for him and I've just hovered in the background supporting him up to this weekend. I went on the Dining Room team, looking after the housekeeping support stuff for the weekend. Fangirl and Boyo came along too to help out. What is Emmaus? I took this explanation straight from the web page of the Walk to Emmaus Australia webpage.

The Walk to Emmaus is a spiritual renewal program intended to strengthen the local church through the development of Christian disciples and leaders. The program's approach seriously considers the model of Christ's servanthood and encourages Christ's disciples to act in ways appropriate to being "a servant of all."
The Walk to Emmaus experience begins with a 72-hour short course in Christianity, comprised of fifteen talks by lay and clergy on the themes of God's grace, disciplines of Christian discipleship, and what it means to be the church. The course is wrapped in prayer and meditation, special times of worship and daily celebration of Holy Communion. The "Emmaus community," made up of those who have attended an Emmaus weekend, support the 72-hour experience with a prayer vigil, by preparing and serving meals, and other acts of love and self-giving. The Emmaus Walk typically begins Thursday evening and concludes Sunday evening. Men and women attend separate weekends.
It was a big weekend with late nights and long days but it was also lots of fun and fellowship for those of us on the dining room team. Its not all hard work.
I haven't done any quilting since last Wednesday night. I didn't even organise myself any hand work to do whilst away. I finished up the embroidery I was doing. I played on my computer instead and wrote several blog posts and read other blogs that I had to catch up on as well.

Since I got home I finally started to work on organising a school reunion for my 40 years since Fourth Form/Year 10. I had been thinking about doing it since last year but till this weekend was over I couldn't think about it. Now I have probably left it too late for this year but we can start the ball rolling for either next year or the year after that when it will be 40 years since our final year of schooling. Lots of students didn't complete year 12 but I doubt that we will be elitist and will include anyone who was in our year through out our high school time (and maybe even primary school too if we find anyone!) I tend to be a bit... if you want to come and celebrate with us, come along.

I haven't even got any photos to include. Am going to have to get Fangirl along to help me pretty up my page so that it still looks visually appealing even without photos. I just worked out how to change the text colour. That might have to do for today

No comments:

Post a Comment