Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Wrap up of my April Goals and Setting my May ones



Reviewing my April Goals.

On April 1st I set myself some Goals for April. These were


1. Finish Sombrero Stars (quilt 3 of SOMB quilts... Shirt Off My Back)
2. Finish Not so Sombre Stars
3. Make an Easter Wall Hanging
4. Empty Scrap basket - cut into useful units and put away
5. Look for and hopefully find Tea Shop Applique Quilt pattern 
6. Cover theatre couches in black fabric
7. Make Curtains for Spare Room.

Now that it is the end of April how did I go?

1 Sombrero Stars. All finished = quilted and bound. Not labelled yet as I am still deciding who to give it to but its done.



2, Not So Sombre Stars. The top is done (as I detailed yesterday) Its had a name change as I am giving it to a friend. Not So Sombre Stars for Derek. Backing not made yet... waiting for the signature blocks to roll in



3 Make an Easter Hanging. Didn't happen. Didn't even look like happening. Ho hum.

4 Empty Scrap basket. This got done... twice. It was totally empty this morning. However since I am in the process of completely rearranging my sewing room which means going through all my drawers with fabric in them... the scrap basket is brimming once again with all the fabric scraps I found hidden in various nooks and crannies

5 Look for and hopefully find Tea Shop Applique quilt pattern. No luck finding the pattern I bought but having tracked it down on line I am determined that I will order it and go from there.

                                                         
6 Cover theatre couches in black fabric. Done. My daughter, Fangirl, and I worked on them a couple of weeks ago and both the couches that she needs to use in the production she is directing (and I am prompting in) have been covered in black fabric. I don't have a photo of the couches but here is the poster for the play
                                                           

7 Make Curtains for spare room. Didn't happen. I did get the fabric out today so maybe I will get inspired to do it when I tidy the sewing area up. They won't take long to make and when I do its an easy 4.5m usage to be able to count since I added it in when I bought it. Just have to do it.

May Goals
1. Finish Not So Sombre Stars for Derek
2. Tidy my sewing room (photo of the current mess will be posted here soon)
3 Make the Curtains for the Spare Room
4 Empty Scrap basket again
5 Order Tea Room Pattern (my Mothers' Day gift to myself perhaps)
6 Do at least one of my Craftsy Classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment