To start with as you will notice my blog has had an update. My favourite technical advisor on all things blog, my daughter Fangirl came over today and revamped my blog. She had just learned how to do a few things and updated her own blog (fangirlstitches.blogspot.com.au) so came over and gave mine an update as well. I've told her she can be in charge of it and do what she likes. (She did explain what she was doing to me but at the time I was tired having just got home from a day at patchwork so it went over my head... sorry sweetheart) Anyway I love the new look! I now have a special page for my OPAM projects as I will only keep my current month's projects on the sidebar.
Fangirl made this composite photo of some of my quilts. Isn't she clever. (yes I know that you can see the photo at the top of this page but its so cool I thought I'd show it to you again)
I've been working on my Teashop Quilt. I laid out my completed blocks as per the pattern I had devised and worked out what blocks I still had to come up with. I have prepped a number of blocks for applique and some blocks I cut fabric from my stash of tea shop related fabrics. I wrote about this in more detail here yesterday. I completed the applique on one block yesterday whilst in a meeting and did a little more on a new one today at patchwork. The design isn't set yet as a friend has suggested I put the tea shop in the centre of the quilt and the stuff around it. I have trialled a few ideas for it (see yesterday's post)
I completed 2 more stitcheries from Christmas Delights whilst at an all day meeting on Saturday. They are all done now - I did 2 of each of the designs and my plan at this stage is to make a mini wall hanging out of one set and Pillows out of the other set to hang off a swag for Christmas.
I have been trimming my denim scraps up. I want to reduce the bulk of all the denim I collected for the denim quilt (Jean's Jeans quilt) I made last year. I've made 2 denim bags this week using the top part of the jeans (see Sunday Stash Report) and now I have cut all the scrappy bits into useful units - squares and strips from 1.5" up to 6.5". Not sure what I will do with them but keen to try something.
Today at Patchwork I completed a baby quilt for our Angel Quilt - Quilts of Love for babies born too soon. I was very happy with how it turned out until at the very end I measured it before handing it over to be labelled and realising that I had forgotten to add the 2" border all around and thus it was only 18" square instead of 22". I wasn't going to take the binding off , unpick the quilting and add the border ... so this one is going to be a bit small but hopefully will still be useful.
Linking up with Let's Bee Social, WIPs on Wednesday and WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced, (links on my side bar!)