Thursday, December 8, 2016

Monthly Goal Check in ... one week in

Its only Day 8 of the month - taking the chance to review how my goals are going this month. Usually I do a mid and end of month review but this month I am jumping in early. Going through the goals can keep me on track I find.

1. Work on Handwork Heritage. I have started on the borders for this. There are lots of 5" bits being sewn together! Not sure if I will have enough or will need to cut some more.

2. Make Backing for Amy Gibson's BOM quilt. This is DONE. I completed it yesterday. I used up a stack of orphan blocks in the process so double bonus.

3. Complete Darlek Potholders commissioned by friend. DONE and posted off yesterday. I used up all the Darlek fabric that I had when I cut them out... but then a parcel from Fangirl arrived with some more in it so ... Darlek hand towels or zipper bags anyone?

4. Secret Commission for a friend. I made a test sample of the pattern (didn't want to risk the pattern not being right and wrecking the specially ordered fabric. It worked out just fine so now to make one with the special fabric.

5. En Provence Mystery Quilt. I am up to date with all the clues released so far. The first one was released Nov 25th and  new one is released each Friday in December (although its about 11pm Australian time so I get it Saturday morning). 2 parts have been released so far and I have made 221 4 patches and 100 triangle units. Next one due in 2 days time!!

The 2 goals I haven't made any progress on yet are:-

6 Quilting my hexagon quilt (hoping to line my friend Lyndi up one day next week to help get that done)

7 Assemble "Stingin Em Along." The blocks are still in their box awaiting my attention
 

No comments:

Post a Comment