Sunday, August 10, 2014

Sunday Stash Report - almost there

Sunburnt Zebra, my latest project is almost done. I had to buy some more fabric for the border. I ended up buying two different fabrics thinking I would put on two borders. One was black with white flowers on it with red centres and the second was bigger black white and red floral. When I got them back home to the quilt I realised that my original idea of a plain black border was better. I still liked the black with white flowers so used it as the second border but decided that the big floral was too busy for the rest of the quilt so its gone into my stash. I got the borders on and the top finished Friday night but I keep forgetting to take a photo of it.

I am very tempted to make a pieced backing for this quilt too as I have some left over half square triangles and various bits and pieces from the HST however I have bought a piece of backing fabric to use for this quilt and feel I might as well use it.

That was the only project I worked on this week.

So its 0 out and 1m in and no photos.

Whilst I haven't had a finish this week my darling Fixit Guy has. His craft is wood turning and his project since retiring has been this gorgeous clock which now sits on the desk in our kitchen. Isn't it wonderful! It doesn't quite reflect our lives are newly minted retirees but we are certainly more relaxed and less bound by the clock.

Used this week:                          0m
Added this week                          1m

Year to Date Used                     115.17
Year to Date added                     80.27
Net Used                                    34.90 

Linking up with Sunday Stash Report @ Patchwork Times

No comments:

Post a Comment