Monday, July 14, 2014

Midmonth check in

Its almost half way through July. I thought I would check back on my goals for this month

 1.Finish the top for my Disappearing into the Blue quilt and make the backing. I am going to piece it from leftover fabric I got for the top. Then send it out to get quilted. Its going to be 90"x100" and too big for me to enjoy working on. I'll probably send it to my friend Kym at Professional Quilting Service

This is done. Yes. I have posted it off to Kym this morning. 

2. Trim up the half square triangles and start assembling my Black and White (with a touch of red) trip around the world quilt. (waiting for my special ruler to arrive)

My ruler has arrived at last but I have yet to start trimming the blocks. I will start it on Wednesday as I will make this my new Patchwork group project, although it is going to take a bit of working on. I will have to lay it out on the design wall and then label the rows. Trimming will take a while though. They might come away with me on our trip as the trimming of them will be pretty portable.

3. Make Gamer Girl's Christmas Stocking (She's my son's partner and she doesn't have her own Christmas stocking at our place. We currently use one of the "spares" for her but she definitely needs her own special one) I want to have it done well and truly before Christmas!!

This is still languishing. Perhaps I will have a look at it this afternoon

4. Finish Teddies and Pinwheels quilt (top and back made. Needs pinning and quilting)

This is done. Woot woot

5. Finish Twist and Disappear (Disappearing 9 patch with a twist quilt) Needs pinning and quilting.

Its been pinned!

6. Finish the two Craftsy Classes I have almost finished. Do some of the projects/exercises mentioned in them!!

Hmmm nothing done. Maybe I could watch these whilst I am away next week. We will have wifi. Even if I don't have my machine or projects with me. Its a definite goer as far as the photography one goes anyway

7. Start Teashop wall hanging when it arrives.

Had a glitch with this. I got an email from the shop where I had ordered it from saying that they were out of stock and didn't know when they would get more in stock. So did a web search and did find it cheaper somewhere else but they didn't list that they posted to Australia. However when I looked further I realised that they wanted you to contact them re postage which I did. There was another mixup. They said to add the extra when I did paypal check out but when I did that it didn't let me change the amount. They kindly said not to worry they would cover the extra cost. What service. The site was Daisy Chain Designs and they have heaps of gorgeous patterns. I ended up buying 3 patterns, all by Gail Pemberthy... they are so cute. As well as the Tea Cosy and Coaster patterns of the tea shop I got Tea and Friends as well as Tea and Company


  
 the plan is to incorporate them into the one quilt

8. Make seasonal wall hanging from the stitcheries my mum made for me

Haven't started on this yet.


I was discussing what I would do today with newly retired Fixit Guy who was working on fixing the side patio. The pavers are lifting due to action of the roots of a big tree. Boyo was helping him. I was wondering what I would do having had a few disruptions to my morning. FG thought housework sounded like a good idea. I said maybe I could work on a new quilt. Boyo screwed up his nose and said "Haven't you got enough quilts" He needs retraining. 

In the end I did neither. I remembered I had to go to the council and pay dog registration, go to the post office and post a parcel (quilt off to long armer) and grab some groceries esp peanut butter and milk plus some more veggies. Home now and can't get my head straight. Think I need a snooze.

I had better stop there before I get way too adventurous and over commit myself 

1 comment:

  1. Love those tea patterns! Housework and too many quilts?? Definite retraining needed there.

    ReplyDelete