Wednesday, July 16, 2014

WIP Wednesday

Twist and Disappear.
I worked on "Twist and Disappear" This week. I got it pinned last week at Patchwork and then yesterday (Tuesday) I was able to start quilting it. Its not a big quilt and I did a very basic stipple all over the top.
Embedded image permalink

 I did a loopy loop chain in the borders - doing a circle each time I changed direction. Tonight I got the binding done. As has been my habit of late I machined it on the back flipped it over to the front and machined it down with a decorative stitch. This time I chose a circle one (Mode 3 stitch 33 on my Janome Horizon) Used varigated thread. Its not great - long way from perfect but it is done and another one crossed off my to do pile.
Embedded image permalink


Not sure where this one is going. I was taught the block in a workshop our group had at the beginning of June. I went on to make 12 of the blocks (many people just made a table runner or a bag. I chose to do a quilt) - 5 on the day of the work shop and another 7 at the retreat I went on a few days later. I used a lovely red polar fleece on the bag so it is all rather snuggley. I only finished it half an hour ago so just a couple of photos


Embedded image permalink

Riverwalk, last week's finish, got hung at church on Sunday but I wasn't really happy with how it hung so I bought it home. I've put another rod in the bottom of the quilt to help it hang straight but still not 100% happy but it is still lovely to look at and will aid to worship at church I hope. I will drop it back up there on Friday when I got up to bible study.

I had planned to start work on trimming up the blocks for my half square triangle Around the World quilt today at Patchwork. However I was asked to work. Usually I say no on my patchwork day but haven't had any teaching all year and this was at a lovely little country school half an hour away. I had the Preps, Gd 1 and Gd 2 class and had a lovely day. Haven't done much teaching for a few years as I feel I am transitioning to retirement along with my husband. My voluntary work keeps me pretty busy anyway so I don't chase it. It was nice to dip my toe back into the water but still don't think I will chase more work. If it comes to me and I can do it then I probably will but will leave it for them to come to me.

Linking up with WIP Wednedsay at Freshly Pieced

1 comment: