Friday, April 28, 2017

X is for X Marks the Spot

This month I'm participating in A to Z Challenge, where 100's of bloggers around the world challenge themselves to write every day for the month of April, working their way through the alphabet.  I'm sewing a patchwork block for each letter of the alphabet. Each day I will share that block and a little about the block and direct you to where you can find a tutorial for that block on the Web.




Today's block, X Marks the Spot is found on Quilter's Cache here. It is an original design by Marcia Hohn. I was intrigued when I started to read the instructions that I had to cut 36 2" squares. These were used to "snowball" all the corners of the rectangles or squares to make the diamonds in the corners and the other designs. It is a much more wasteful way of sewing these shapes but much easier. To do it other ways would require lots of templates to cut designs and well as the sewing of triangles to corners.

Its a fun design. This is my attempt. I love my kombi van fabric. I have used it all up now just about. Sigh.



More than the block itself I love the designs that came out in the diagram of the quilt made from just this block. Another one for the one day maybe list.


No comments:

Post a Comment