Sunday, April 30, 2017

Z is for Zenith

This month I'm participating in A to Z Challenge, where 100's of bloggers around the world challenge themselves to write every day for the month of April, working their way through the alphabet.  I'm sewing a patchwork block for each letter of the alphabet. Each day I will share that block and a little about the block and direct you to where you can find a tutorial for that block on the Web.




This is the last day of the challenge. Who hoo we made it.

Z is for Zenith

The Zenith block is the only one NOT found on Quilter's Cache. When I looked there, there was not a suitable block for me to use in this challenge so I went to my reliable brain's trust aka my Twilter's group on Facebook and told them of my dilemma and like all good brain's trusts they came to my rescue. 

There were a few other suggestions as well but this one was the best (because it had a net presence and I could link you, my lovely readers, to the pattern) One suggestion was that I design my own (ummm no) but my fall back was to get one of the Twilter's named Zina to choose a block for me that I could call Zina's Choice. 

Anyway I didn't need to resort to designing my own or dobbing Zina in to choose one for me.

 Zenith can be found here  on a website called Patchwork Square owned by Wendy Russell. My colour selection was very similar to the one made by Wendy. I like how it turned out very much. Its made up of a collection of flying geese, half square triangles and square in a square.




Tomorrow I will show you the back of the quilt with this block in plus the finished quilt - you will have to come back again now won't you.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, that is lovely!! Zina's Choice is a perfect name : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on completing the challenge ion such a stylish way! Loved this block.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Anagha From Team MocktailMommies
    Collage Of Life

    ReplyDelete