Unfortunately the wedding was planned very quickly - they only got engaged in Sept and because she is a teacher and so limited to school holidays and her family had various commitments... they got married in January and Fangirl and her friend Bek (also a great friend of both the bride and groom) had already planned and paid for their 5 week trip to the UK so they missed it. I took lots of photos during the ceremony and celebrations and put them on Facebook so the travellers were able to join in. I had permission to do this from the bride as her brother was also unable to attend the wedding due to a baby expected just a week later.
So the sewing that was going on came to a halt at lunchtime (when we had guests) and hasn't resumed because......
So I bought home what I hope is the last of the sheet music in the vestry and have spent this afternoon going through them, checking if I had them on the data base already and if not entering them. I am about half way through that job. I will take them back up to the church on Friday probably and sort them into the folders and that should be it... well for now. I still want to cross reference with the songs we have on Easy Worship, the program we use with the data projector for songs in church.
Once that is done our new minister will be able to see what songs we already have and choose songs from there or work out if he has to get music and words organised for the musicians in church.
For a quilting blog that was a very non quilting post. Still... its been what I have been working on and it isn't finished so is still a WIP.
I have made some progress on the backing for the POD quilt though.
Fangirl had given me some fabric she discovered whilst packing up her town house prior to going on holidays (She is moving to Brisbane for work this year. She found out about her move 10 days before she left on her 5 week holiday. She starts her new position 3 days after she gets back. Crazy) One had owls on it and the other had other Harry Potter inspired pictures. There was a half metre of each. I cut them into strips and they became the centre of the backing.
From my orphan blocks I got the piano key strips and sewed them into long lengths to go between each of the other strips - 4 all together. I have started to sew them to the other strips but that is as far as I got. I have the strips long enough for the backing (The top is 70" x 87") but have yet to make it wide enough. I was still figuring out what I would do to make it wide enough. I do have some of the background left over and what extra I need I will use some solid lavender. I kept some of the background for the binding.
When I piece the backing it is always a growth project... rather organic. It takes ages. When I choose to use backing fabric it is so much quicker but I have to admit I love my pieced back and the way I grow it appeals to me enormously.